Today I had a minor breakthrough in French; I was actually able to carry on a semi-interesting conversation (you know, past all the "how are you's "and "what did you do this weekend's" and such). This made me realize how thankful I am for a variety of things. First of all: I'm thankful for a patient and intelligent tutor. She always makes me feel like I'm improving and actually excelling while constantly teaching me new material. Second: I'm thankful for the ability to continually learn. I love that I can't know everything and that there is so much out there for me to soak in and form opinions on--it's truly exciting to me. And last: I'm thankful for good, true conversations with anyone. It makes me feel more connected to those around me and it allows me to better see others as sons and daughters of God. Not only is it an enriching experience but very ennobling. Learning and talking with others helps me love better.
Lindsay
No comments:
Post a Comment